Find Sandhill Farm Airfield
We welcome visitors by road or by air and you’re always assured a warm welcome here at Enstone Airfield.
Visiting by air
Sandhill Farm Airfield near Swindon has an elevation of 350ft. The whole airfield is landable with well kept grass with runway directions of 04/22, which is 650m. A few things to note:
- Call Sandhill traffic Radio on 129.980 (share frequency).
- We’re just 2.5nm east of Swindon and 6.5nm south east of RAF Fairford, so do be aware of aircraft operating in and out of there when you’re coming to visit us.
- Circuits are flown at 800ft AGL to the north of the airfield.
- PPR isn’t essential, but if you can give us a call on 07976 985 689.
- Try to join Cross-wind or Downwind, this helps keep traffic away from our nearest town - Shrivenham.
- Donation to a Landing fee and free tea or coffee is welcomed!
- Limited MoGas is available onsite.
Visiting by road
If you have a SATNAV, please use the post code SN6 8BH, we are on the main B4000 between Shrivenham and Highworth.
From the M4: Take the A419 North signposted Cirencester. After 3.5 miles, turn off following signs for A420 Oxford for 2.5 miles. After passing under a railway bridge with a divided carriageway, less than one mile ahead turn right signposted Shrivenham. Soon after entering the 30mph zone, turn left signposted B4000 Highworth. This will take you out of Shrivenham and over the A420. Less than one mile further on, MotorGlide is on the left.
From the North: Leave the A419 at its junction with A420 Oxford road. Follow instruction as from M4.
From Oxford: Leave the A420 at the first junction signposted Shrivenham (near the Defence College). Travel 2 miles through Watchfield and Shrivenham. On starting to leave Shrivenham take a right turn (hard to see) signposted B4000 Highworth. This will take you out of Shrivenham and over the A420. Less than one mile further on, MotorGlide is on the left.
If you type ‘MotorGlide’ or ‘Vale of the White Horse Gliding Centre’ into Google Maps we should pop straight up.
Our entrance is not that visible from the main road. Look for big blue signs and an orange windsock.
Once you’re on the airfield, follow the access road - once it turns to grass, keep driving until you reach the clubhouse.
In case you need it, our full postal address is:
Sandhill Farm Airfield,
Follow the above directions and call 07976 985 689 if you get lost.